re: [microsound] re: Ars Electronica

---
:
> but it is a little left field....  bLectum from bLechdom, Tony
> Herrington, Naut Humon, Florian Hecker, Chris Watson.

this looks like a reasonable selection of different approaches to me.

> also there is a clause which i think may be new that states that the
> jury can nominate artists who have not entered (ie nominate their
> friends who didn't get it together to write an application)  .
> madness all around.

so if i was a jury member i'd be happy being (officially!) entitled to contact say 5 or so people of whom i think their recent output is important for a development of aesthetics or (digital) music in general (or be it simply goreous  m u s i c).
if they dont get their papers together then or, more of interest, probably dont give a rusty **** about competitions anyway - up to them, you, me but not necessarily a question of the comps rules and general ideas i'd say.
this kind of music touches still a very small part of the world so if someone knows somebody there ... come one. just think of your own personal lil' network of email friendships.

although i'm not too much of a sportive person in general i'm entering for prix ars since 2 years. if theres a chance to enter the high culture with my (much more daniel johnston than stockhausen) approach i'll probably take it.
 - stephan