reviewed by me: vladislav delay =?unknown?b?lg==?= naima; o + noto - wohltemperiert

Vladislav Delay ? Naima (staubgold): Wow. Everyone who
liked Anima (or previous vladislav delay releases ?
multila and entain) should hear this one. This is not
normal. I thought that Microstoria is the most
experimental band on this planet. Naima goes 3 steps
in front of Microstoria (=jan st werner + oval) sound
and 3000 steps in front of Anima ? the sound doesn't
exist there. I guess we can agree that Microstoria is
simply the limit. Naima is in a way no sound, it's
beyond the sound. This is also no glitch, no noise, no
idm, no clicks + cuts, no microsound? this is
vladislav delay, his most experimental album by now.
It sounds really challenging.

o + noto ? wohltemperiert (= probably)
(raster-noton.de) ? this is interesting, although
Raster Noton as a label leaves some strange hermetic
impression on me. I guess everyone knows that noto =
alva noto = carsten nicolai = noton? and o is actually
mika vainio from pan sonic. This collaboration is one
of the raster clear series. I still haven't heard
Nicolai's last mille plateaux/noton album Transform,
but i know his sound from the album Prototypes.
Basically i like this minimal sound and i like to have
more albums like this one and to play them on radio.
Some of this sounds are more faceless, some of them
are less faceless and tend to be recognizable. This is
more faceless, just sound, no identity. I don't have a
problem with that, because this are carefully created
microsounds, the sound is ok (for me, the best track
is susssonor). But i'm not sure will i listen this
album that much compared to those sounds with face ?
for example, there is one artists called tantal and he
has (microsound) releases on some net/mp3 labels ?
film ep on corewatch.net and instant ep on subsource,
both 2001 ? and that sounds beautiful and makes me
want to listen them again and again. Microsound music
with identity. I even played tantal music in a club
the other day, on the second experimental 'floor'. But
because of the impersonality of o + noto sounds, i
would never be able to play them in club. However,
they sound ok at home. And they are obviously more
hermetic than Tantal or Jan Jelinek.