dorkbotlondon, wed 10th april

dorkbotlondon approaches, get ready

time:

7pm, this wednesday, 10th april

venue:

state51, london (directions are below)

speakers:

max eastley - "natural and electric systems," max shares insights found
through musical works such as his kinetic sound sculptures; comparing
his works with electricity with the similar channeling of other natural
elements.  http://www.google.com/search?q=max+eastley

ian morrison - co-inventor of the Spam Radio, ian explains the process
of turning a spam into a noise.  http://www.spamradio.com

adrian ward - a portrait of netochka nezvanova. http://stub.org/nn/

plus!  other entertainments, perhaps.  if you'd like to show or do
something after the talks please do - let us know in advance if you'd
like somewhere to set up a laptop/whatever.  also let us know if you
have useful/interesting equipment we might be able to borrow, such as a
data projector.

entrance fee:

free.

VENUE CHANGE

we're back at state51 - we seem to be alternating venues each month.

how to get there:
map:
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?G2M?X=533828&Y=182470&A=Y&Z=1
the arrow points at state51.

appearance:
factory surrounded by metal fence and with 'state51' in big letters on
the gate.
from liverpool street tube:
walk north up bishopsgate (which becomes shoreditch high street), then
turn right into bethnal green road, left into brick lane and first left
into rhoda street.
from the number 8 bus:
it goes along bethnal green road - get off at the brick lane/bethnal
green road crossroads and go north up brick lane and first left into
rhoda street.
from bethnal green tube:
walk west along bethnal green road, about 15 minutes later you should
hit the brick lane crossroads - turn right then first left into rhoda
street.

for more info, please contact dorkbotlondon@xxxxxxxxxxx

dorkbot is a monthly meeting of people interested and/or involved with
electronic art, in the broadest sense.  check http://dorkbot.org/ for
information about dorkbot meetings in new york, austin and gent.