Music in the key of F12

> after reading the somewhat weird article on the current issue ('music
> issue'!
> they dared to call it?!?) of 'wired' mag, i feel like the boring milli
> vanilli enthusiast?!?
> oh no. the writer picked up all the cliche jokes on laptoppers in general i
> was poking about.
> and dumped all the important things i actually cared about...
> (and! i wasn't saying anything about 'milli vanilli'. and mr. davis
> mis-quoted the lloop's favorite
> quote 'future is not one song on pop chart which everyone loves, but one
> application with which everyone can
> write their own songs'! i said i love his quote.
> not only the source, the mis-quote was very much mis-leading..
> maybe catchy for typical computer geeks' mag??! even... i doubt it. silly!!)

As nearly as I can tell, the same piece appears to have rather
badly taken some comments on the part of one of my
Cycling '74 colleagues out of context and presented them
in such as way as to leave the impression that we think
people who use our software are some kind of petulant
underclass forever doomed to marginality. We're baffled,
frankly (unless one buys the notion that the piece was a
piece of stealth Reaktor puff :-) ). Given that I really enjoyed
Erik's book "Techgnosis," I'm stumped at this pickup
truck load of whiffle balls. They could photograph Robert
Henke but couldn't talk to him? Where's Antje G-Fuchs?
Sutekh? Ms. Blech? snd? It's kind of sad.

Should we blame the editors? I guess I'll take some
comfort that someone else claims to have been pretty
badly misquoted.