Re: [microsound] call for content | Digital Salvage v.1

* The pHarmanaut (pharmanaut@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) said:
> Good point. I wasn't really that committed to the spoof idea, but rather to
> the notion that you don't have to abide by Salvaggio's rules in order to
> create something new and engaging in the realm of net.art. In fact, I think
> that even a work that breaks ALL of those rules could still be considered
> very new.

It seems more emphasis is being put on the medium (technology) being
used to make the art than the artwork itself.

I understand that your medium can constrain you and taint your art to
have a certain character, but this does not mean that you can't create
something new.

There may be confusion as to what is meant by "new". Are we talking
about a new idea or a new look? If your medium is flexible enough, you
will always be able to bring about new ideas. I can't imagine how
painting could reach a point where no more new ideas could be expressed
through it. It may be, however, that something like Flash is not
flexible enough to be expressive outside of a small realm.
I don't know, I haven't used it.

-- jeremy avnet / brainsik .:. Public Key at http://brainsik.to/pubkey.asc