Re: [microsound] micro-mailing list info database

* Mark Khemma [05/04/02 22:52]:
> Out of curiosity do you know of any unix/linux
> applications which reads email and filters out information? like pine
> but with more filtering capabilites?  I'm using pine and it does
> filtering, but i would like if there was a
> program which took the email that came from microsound@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and
> put it into a separate file in my /home/mkhemma/directory. then i could

procmail is what you probably need here. i would guess it's
quite common on systems. i'm filtering all my mail (which is
around 10-15 mailing lists) with procmail. powerfull and
flexible. http://www.procmail.org/

hope that helps.

 luka "nova" princic
 nova at skylined.org | @beeblebrox:lndn | http://skylined.org
 54 22 AA 35 0F BF F1 E1  78 7A 7C E5 EB 09 F4 8B  EF 5D 17 F1
"A wise man gets more use from his enemies
   than a fool from his friends."
                                -- Baltasar Gracian