Re: [microsound] knobs from hell

Why do you assume that they wouldnt be able
> to make the connection
> even if they didnt know what a knobby box is.

because the connection can be completely arbitary

maybe in general knobs don't change there
functionality during a performance, or don't operate
some super-high-level parameter that a connection is
only a guess. ..

(some butterfly effect type parameter where the sonic
result is some emergent property of how the value of X
knobs effect the functionality of the X process and
not a direct influence for instance ....its pretty
difficult to make those connections)...

sometimes In my own stuff when parameters and
processes effect each other i'm not so sure why the
resulting sound change is happening when I adjust some
control.

But if the software behaviour (making the sound) does
tend to have a fixed and direct relation to the knob
controller and this relation doesn't change then its
probably not that hard to figure out from observation.

paul

=====