Re: [microsound] Re: Gilles Gobeil + academic electronic music at large

On Mon, 22 Apr 2002, david turgeon wrote:

> one of my favourite strains of electroacoustic music is what i would
> call the british school, with forefathers denis smalley & jonty
> harrison, & (relative) newcomers adrian moore, natasha barrett & john
> young.

I have both Jonty Harrison cds on e.D. and I also think those are
excellent, though (obviously) in a different vein from Gobeil's work. I'm
not familiar with Smalley's work, but looking forward to getting familiar
with it. Adrian Moore's cd has been on my list of future purchases. That
piece "Study In Ink" created solely out of the sounds of a pen marker
against a whiteboard is nice.

On a related note, I think Hans Tutschku's cd and Randall Smith's "Sondes"
are also nice. One night I was laying in bed in that state in between
being asleep and awake while Tutschku's cd was playing which resulted in
some strange imagery in my dreams. It was one of those things where you're
aware that the music is influencing your dreams.

Andrei