RE: [microsound] Re: Gilles Gobeil + academic electronic music at large

	<another interesting, although little-explored strain, is "sound
ecology"
> as exemplified by r murray schafer, hildegard westerkamp, claude schryer
> & kristoff k. roll (btw, the latter is a duo from france & not just one
> person).  this kind of work comes surprisingly close to what the lucky
> kitchen bunch are sometimes doing.>

Many years ago I saw a film about Schafer and a piece he did at Banff,
utilising many performers around a lake, and on boats, at sunrise, playing a
sort of long distance improvisation... it was wonderful and inspiring.

David Fodel
Publishing Systems Manager
Wild Oats Markets
3375 Mitchell Lane