RE: [microsound] listenable / annoying music

> i think it depends a lot of your personal
> tastes and the context of listenning :)

i agree with this.
and also, probably it can be said in a slightly
different way - it depends on what most people think.
if majority thinks some music is listenable, then it
is.

here is my top 20 for 2001: (but i must say that then
i still haven't heard jan jelinek's ~scape album, if i
did, it would be in the first 5 definitely):

1. cray ? undo (bip-hop)
2. mogwai ? rock action (southpaw; matador)
3. gorky's zygotic mynci ? how i long to feel that
summer in my heart (mantra)
4. tortoise ? standards (thrill jockey; warp)
5. orb ? cydonia (universal island)
6. chicago underground quartet ? s/t (thrill jockey)
7. labradford ? fixed::context (kranky)
8. to rococo rot & i-sound ? music is a hungry ghost
(city slang)
9. pan sonic ? aaltopiiri (blast first)
10. fennesz ? endless summer (mego)
11. slag boom van loon ? so soon (planet mu)
12. vladislav delay ? anima (mille plateaux)
13. papa m ? whatever, mortal (sea note; drag city)
14. kiril dzajkovski ? dust o.s.t. (third ear)
15. matmos ? a chance to cut is a chance to cure
(matador)
16. mouse on mars ? idiology (sonig; thrill jockey;
zomba)
17. bonnie 'prince' billy ? ease down the road
(palace; drag city)
18. ovuca ? wasted sunday (rephlex)
19. squarepusher ? go plastic (warp)
20. biosphere ? man with a movie camera (touch)

boban