a friendly clonkly reminder: tikiman + scion 05/11/2002 toronto canada

saturday may 11, 2002,
clonk very proudly presents a night of deep dubby minimalism featuring:

from berlin, germany:
tikiman + scion - live p.a/live vocals [burial mix/chain reaction]
from toronto:
tomas jirku - live p.a [force inc, klang]
naw - live p.a [noise factory, clonk]
blotto - dj  [mettle]
michael markus - dj [mettle]
clip - images [clonk]
this event takes place at:
the mockingbird (580 king st., west of spadina)
toronto canada
start time is 9pm sharp and the event goes till 3am
$20 @ the door, $15 in advance (limited number of tickets)
some tickets still available at penguin
music only (2 mccaul)

full event details follow:

this saturday may 11, 2002, prepare yourself for a sonic journey through
the lustrous and intertwining sounds of minimal dub and
techno, featuring the toronto debut of the one and
only TIKIMAN...  lulling you into lucid aural spaces with his unique
brand of chillingly authentic dub vocals, whilst accompanied by  the
lush, bass heavy minimal rhythms of SCION (a.k.a. VAINQUEUR and SUBSTANCE
of chain reaction records). the trio will be performing only one other
canadian date on this tour, and it is our sincere honor to be hosting
their performance here in toronto. [www.circonium.de or www.tikiman.de]

the event will also feature glitchy, dub oriented live p.a's by toronto's
very own tomas jirku [www.yirku.com or www.force-inc.net]
and naw [www.noisefactoryrecords.com or http://www.futurerhetoric.com],
respectively. to round out this exceptional
night, we have chosen two of our favorite local dj's... michael markus
and blotto who will each be infecting the dance floor with their
signature sound stylings. to balance audio experience of the evening,
there will be a visual display including images both moving and static
in the solo debut of clip, clonk's own kristyn gelfand.

this event will be taking place at the mockingbird (580 king street west,
just west of spadina). this a beautiful space, with dance-friendly
wooden-floors and a sizeable patio, so let's all hope for some pleasant
weather so that the outdoor speakers can be fully enjoyed.

****please note**** there will be bag searches at the door due to some
unfortunate past experiences that they've had at the mockingbird, so
please be respectful when asked to surrender your bags.

limited advance tickets are only $15, and are going fast. they are
available at penguin records (2 mccaul street)
the price at the door is $20

note:
this event is a fundraiser for the clonk stage at the upcoming om
festival june 21..22..23 2002 [www.omfestival.ca]

for more information on line please go to:
www.techno.ca/clonk
or email us at clonk@xxxxxxxxx

thanks and we hope to see you all out on saturday night

neil and kristyn
clonk
ps:
please circulate this email to any music-loving friends....