RE: [microsound] Money/Mouth

	Christopher Sorg wrote: <Surely an over-simplification but, in many
ways, a laptop is more
> like a radio than a traditional instrument.>

The acousmatic properties of a laptop can be similar to a Radio, if they are
representational sounds, in the sense that they are visibly divorced from
their source. But if the sound is generated within the laptop itself by some
natively occuring processes, isit still acousmatic?

Is the spoken word acousmatic because I can't see the vibrations of the
speakers vocal chords? Or the thought processes by which the words were
formed and transmitted?

I don't think so.

David Fodel
Publishing Systems Manager