Re: [microsound] Re: granular applications

granular synthesis is for electronic music what distortion/fuzzbox
is for guitar music...a crutch, or a door to new expression...an excuse,
or a component of a personal voice.

maybe the issue isn't granular synthesis itself, but rather musicians not
pushing the technique far enough. there are a great many possibilities that
fall under the technique "granular synthesis" + many of them are not
exploited with commonly used software.

and, musicians using granular synthesis don't have any monopoly on
poverty of musical thought -- that's equally available to all genres.

http://www.miau-miau.com