Re: [microsound] [OT] MAC downloading was Re: [microsound] sad mac studies

at 23.05.2002 0:11 Uhr, Andrew Pask wrote:

> on 5/22/02 4:01 PM, Guillaume Malod at malod.guillaume@xxxxxxxxxx or
> somebody wrote:
>
>> on a mac in explorer, just use "download file" from the file
>> menu. similar functions should be present in all browsers. i
>> use icab, and you can launch the download manager, click
>> 'new', paste the url...
>> if the link is on a webpage, click on it and keep the mouse
>> button pressed, the contextual menu will let you "save to
>> disk" or "download link to disk", instead of opening the
>> file in a new window using the appropriate plugin
>> (quicktime).
>>
>> hope this is what you wanted.
>>
>> gm
>

> Sometimes this works in a browser, but not in a contextual menu from any of
> the email apps I use. Maybe you can paste the URL into a previously
> downloaded file in IE and change the filename and then reload.......?

What I do if I want to download the something from the email apps I use is

1. copy and paste the URL to the IE.
2. when it starts to download I pull the URL from the IE to the download
manager.

It's complicated, I know, but I didn't find any other way to do that with
IE. And this way it works great :)

best:::

art can free your mind
ma_hovina > http://ma-hovina.com