[OT] MAC downloading was Re: [microsound] sad mac studies

on 5/22/02 4:01 PM, Guillaume Malod at malod.guillaume@xxxxxxxxxx or
somebody wrote:

> on a mac in explorer, just use "download file" from the file
> menu. similar functions should be present in all browsers. i
> use icab, and you can launch the download manager, click
> 'new', paste the url...
> if the link is on a webpage, click on it and keep the mouse
> button pressed, the contextual menu will let you "save to
> disk" or "download link to disk", instead of opening the
> file in a new window using the appropriate plugin
> (quicktime).
>
> hope this is what you wanted.
>
> gm

Sometimes this works in a browser, but not in a contextual menu from any of
the email apps I use. Maybe you can paste the URL into a previously
downloaded file in IE and change the filename and then reload.......?