Re: wired/lowercase/macs/oh my!

hello all-
just got a read of the wired blurb, and there i am - human who barely uses a
computer for anything other than email, smack dab in an article about using
macs for music (although i did use one for forms of paper :-) would've made
more sense for me if it was about small rocks and guitar pedals of course! i
think the terms lowercase vs. micro sound are irrelevant at this point as
we've all argued about them long enough to realize they have no real
meaning. a group of folks with some intersecting interests - both lists have
their individual bent; and both their similarities. no matter what it is
good to see this stuff making waves in wired - check out the email i
received from a new 'fan' :-)

________

Hi,

I just listened to some sound clips of various artists from the Wired.com
website of Lower Case Sound & they mentioned your album Forms of Paper which
I went to the webpage they had linked for that & read about your album.

I have a couple of things to say to you:

Are you serious? This is not music, in fact it's not even sound FX. If you
guys were actually doing something then I might be impressed. I worked in
L.A. in the music industry & I heard a lot of crap but this is not even
that. What's the point of buying a CD that has nothing on it except a few
random barely audible noises that I can make on my home DAW setup. I am
thoroughly disappointed with this lame idea especially when music & audio in
general needs a serious artistic movement to revive it. You & your cohorts
are pretending to be serious artists that have a alternative to all the
groovebox beat music that is out there. What you are doing though is truly
nothing & the only statement you are making is that you really have no
talent or ideas to present. If you really want to change the way people
listen to sound then you must actually make something for them to listen to
first. Not really a very novel idea but I think it works.

Bruce Lamb

__________

now that's what it's all about!!!!!!! getting under the skin of the LA music
industry types! you gotta love it.

take care-
steve

p.s. if you want to come see / hear my lame ideas borne of no talent i will
be in torino in the next few days for an exhibition opening of some drawings
and a site specific sound installation at gallery e/static.
the show will open the 4th june, tuesday, at 6.30pm
e/static
via parma 31
10152 torino italy
for info: carlofossati@xxxxxxxxxxx
01183956677

steve roden/in be tween noise
box 50261 pasadena california 91115-0261
usa
phone 626 403 9343
please note, we have no more fax.
e-mail: NEW EMAIL ADDRESS - sroden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
web site in progress: www.inbetweennoise.com

--
"without actually using silence, i should like to praise it"
john cage