Re: wired/lowercase/macs/oh my!

>I have encountered that situation many times over
>with all corners of
>musical genras I dont find it scary at all in
>fact I fnd it interesting to
>obverve and see how things move out of non
>popular culture and into
>popular culture.

Does anyone care to speculate on what core of
recordings will find their way into a de facto "canon"
of micro- and lowercase-sound type works, the set of
records that are recommended by "insiders" and fans to
their curious friends, who may or may not listen to
much electronic music already.  I don't know if that's
the way it will work with microsound, but it already
seems to be the way older forms work (jazz, krautrock,
maybe dub, maybe punk, "classic rock", certainly
classical music, etc.).  It's not _exactly_ the same
as a canon, I don't think, because the object is both
the archetypicality and the accessibility of a given
work: it should both encapsulate the ideals of a field
of work and offer enough familiar qualities to someone
to be suitable for people who are not personally
invested in the genre/field (i.e. those making the
music, fans, researchers, conoisseurs).  For example,
I would gladly recommend Fennesz's ENDLESS SUMMER,
Pimmon's ELECTRONIC TAX RETURN (not his best, but one
of his most accessible...ASSEMBLER, on the other hand,
being his neutron-bomb), and maybe something like
Komet's RAUSCH, which is soothig and melodic and
easily rhythmic, but so _pure_.  Maybe some Carsten
Nicolai.  I'm curious what the list thinks about
this....

-----s