Re: [microsound] another satisfied customer

On Mon, 3 Jun 2002 12:47:37 -0700
"<<< audi sensa >>>" <audisensa@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > most people just want to be "entertained" and have no sense of
> > > art.
> >
> > Amen!
>
> so I suppose that when you're enjoying "art", you're not being
> entertained at the same time?

I am being entertained, indeed.

> why do you make that distinction i wonder? why would you
> separate and categorize your experiences?

Because, IMHO, art goes beyond entertainment.  I don't really separate
my experiences.  I like to be both entertained and fullfilled.  It, of
course, depends on the situation but generally that's the case.  And,
when I want to be _simply_ entertained, I don't seek a
show/recording/movie that will force me to think or discover some
subtleties etc.

I _really_ don't think that someone like Shakira or Diana Krall are
artists (these are just 2 names just came to me for no particular
reason).  They are entertainers, however.  I don't know how good but
they surely are.

../MiS