political economy of glitch

it seems like people are quick to reduce qualifiers such as 'good' to
meaning lots of money, lots of exposure and lots of whatever...(pop media
counterfeits aura by 'supersizing')...my main gripe is that most
"movements" or genres which become more 'exposed' or better financed do so
often at the loss of the "real" (see xenakis)...money and exposure are
attached to cultural artifacts so that corporations can produce 'demand'
for pop trends...very little of anything pop is actually desired by the
populus (ie pop) without an artificial drive creating that desire...
I just don't see an artifical drive being developed for microsound although
it could easily become a caricature of iteself with trend winning out over
content...but some of the more difficult rhizomes (i.e. lowercase) will
never really become heavily financed/exposed and are prone to occupying the
niche realm of sound-art rather than pop genre fodder...this is not to say
that microsound becoming a caricature is a bad thing, only that not all of
us wish to be reduced to cartoon characters...
just my .02cents
KIM