Re: [microsound] entertainment...art

scott allison wrote:

> I felt David Lynch's Mullholland drive could somewhat be considered
> art. I
> am not going to go into any kind of a review of the film, but it did
> leave
> me with a feeling and question of life around me. The theme, what i
> got
> anyway, good intentions being taken over by the dark side ect... is
> something that has been done over and over, but lynch really pulled it
> off
> well.

>From working up in "hollywood-north", my experiences with producers,
distributors and studios has not been positive.  They never seem to
get it (espicially with anything - outside the norm). Which is why I've
turned to microsound and lowercasesound as a outlet to keep
pushing my soundwork.

I salute Lynch for getting his work released by a big studio.
After I saw the film I was like "wow" the big studios didn't
interject and go "errr...David...I don't get it...you gotta change it"

It still gives me some kinda faith in what's getting released out there.

--

Kerry Uchida
Vancouver,Canada

"Sounds don't belong to human beings,
in the same way as nature itself does
not belong to them.  Sound Ambience is
part of nature, and the composer only
needs to make listening to it possible." -John Cage

Now Playing:

DJ Aural---- http://www.mp3.com/DJAural

Coming Soon:

Technomorph-- http://www.technomorph.com