Re: [microsound] SuperCollider - under emulation?

On 06/06/02 10:24, dan peddle said in living color:

> Hi all,
>
> Not a query about the released version, but whether anyone has had any
> success with running SC under one of the mac emulators - Basilisk II should
> be able to run it, but before putting the time in to get it going, I was
> wondering what others had managed with it.

I just checked the info on Basilisk II... and the answer is: surely not!

It only emulates a 68K processor and SC is a PPC app. 68K apps are now
almost entirely dead -- lots of compilers no longer compile for that
platform (I think that CodeWarrior, the main IDE for the Mac no longer
supports it, for example).

And even if the emulator supported a PPC processor, the chances of it
working would be slim. This kind of app accesses the hardware directly like
crazy. And direct hardware access doesn't play well with emulators,
generally.

g.

--
Guillaume Grenier - gollum@xxxxxxxxxxxx

in space there is no north  in space there is no south
in space there is no east   in space there is no west