Re: [microsound] the clueless leading the blind

> The obvious question to ask first is whether these works have any
> intrinsic musical interest. That is, if you knew nothing of the sound
> sources and their signifigance for the composer, is it work you find
> affecting? If we can't get that far, we're really in trouble.

   You have some smart remarks , I like that and enjoyreading them.

   Some of the issues you bring to light seem related to the differences
between those trained in music and those who are graphic designers.

   I was pondering ( not thinking) about related issues when I listened to
some of Glenn Bach's work

<http://www.csulb.edu/%7Egbach/incidentalmusic.html>

 and I wasn't sure if the music would work for me if i didn't know the
'concept'.

    There is the question: Where does the music come from?

    The problem with jumping to conclusions is that I was first attracted to
G Bach's music by the sound , having no idea of the methods , conception ,
or that he wasn't a trained musician ( like someone who took theory ,
composition , instrumental performance courses in college).

    Maybe some of you could listen to the piece and share impressions, that
way I won't be waffling on my own in some imaginary landscape.

                             Bill

p.s.thanks Tad for the sndmgrin~  I haven't tried yet