Re: [microsound] Desert Island Discs

 --- Jethro <jethrokins@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: > Hello -

> Looking to augment my CD collection.  What are the
> 10 discs you can't do without in the

microsound/glitch/click/lowercase/post-digital/pzzft/whatever
genre?

komet - 'rausch' ++
shuttle358 - 'frame' +++
jan jelinek - loop-finding-jazz-records ++
mokira - 'clip-hop' +
alva noto - 'prototypes' +
snd - 'makesndcassette' ++
pan sonic - 'aaltopiiri' +++

i'm not sure there are 10 essential albums, but this
are pretty much ok for me, i'd say the most essential
of this is shuttle358 album, one of the very rare
albums you can easyly say are masterpieces. also you
should definitely check vladislav delay and his albums
on mille plateaux, chain reaction and staubgold, great
music. and also raster-noton label, mille plateaux and
12k. and one belgium label foton records.

if you like more glitchy music, fennesz is one of the
most important, if you want more experimental music
check cray and pimmon, they have releases on different
labels like bip-hop, k-raa-k, fallt...
also themoonstealingproject on no type mp3 label is
amazing.
this are some of my personal favourites, which doesn't
mean they are the best.

boban