Re: [microsound] Cutting edge???

" Making music with laptops isn't different from making music from splicing tape,
which isn't different from making music with radios, which isn't
different from making music with phonographs, the theremin, the
telharmonium."

Does everyone on the list believe this to be true?
I do agree that the method in which most individuals make works is no different. However, I have come across individuals that are using computers in quite non-authoritative ways that are not possible with the above mentioned methods. Just want to see what others think/feel.