RE: [microsound] microspoofing?

> this is giving me some ideas...
> http://www.siliconvalley.com/mld/siliconvalley/3560365.htm
> does anyone else smell a new project for microsound?

They mentioned this on TechTV last night as well.  I remember when there was
some IDM "spoofing" going on Napster...makes me want to build a dozen clone
websites of Sony, Virgin, etc. and register similar domain names
(www.bony.com, www.coby.com, www.sny.com, www.soni.com, etc).

I wonder what performers are being spoofed the most?  The performers that
they are promoting heavily?  That could be a boon for all the other music
out there.  Of course, that would bring us back to the question, should
other, less pop-music be trying to reach a wider audience?  Is it even
possible to have a broader appeal without changing the forms?

Anyhow, I doubt that Warp, Scam, Hefty, Bip-Hop, Tigerbeat and all those
other lovely labels we all listen to even have the resources to be messing
with this kind of crap.  Of course, all it takes it a couple of uploads...

     Christopher Sorg
   Multimedia Artist/Instructor
 The School of the Art Institute of Chicago
   http://csorg.cjb.net
     csorg@xxxxxxxxx

--Boundary_(ID_f03BoOUSBDxLuNA+Vc9Jlg)