Re: [microsound] [ot] logic audio

on 7/5/02 8:18 PM, Mark Khemma at mkhemma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I use to like fruit but i never got around to buying one. 65% of emagic
> customers are mac users, so i assume that apple is trying to force
> the 35% non-mac-emagic users to put another 2000 bucks into mac hardware
> which makes me sad. I personally think that this is a mean a greedy move
> and mac's part.  Open source is starting to look better to me everyday.
> -mark .k

Apple's only trying to do what's good for you.  All upgrade/crossgrade costs
aside once Logic is running on OS X it will pretty much stomp a mudhole in
OS 9 and Windows.  Solid as a rock.

That said, it's still pretty much a crazy mad bummer for windows users that
were happy with Logic on their PCs.  BTW contrary to popular rumor, Emagic
will continue to support and apply bugfixes for Windows Logic after they
discontinue development.  So Logic on Windoze is probably going to continue
to be a viable platform for at least a year if not longer.