Re: [microsound] dvd to video

"Polyhex ." wrote:

> That'll be the macro vision embedded on to dvds and players that prevent you
> from copying dvd's from the video out.. I think you can hack around it on
> most domsetic dvd players along with region hacking. There have been a few
> companies selling such things for the xbox but microsoft seem to be stomping
> on them very quickly....

Partly I think the macro vision sends out a signal that tricks you VCR's
 "auto leveling mode" into constantly adjusting your video recording
levels.  These settings used to be manual, but with consumers that
don't want to understand, know or care it's became an automated
technology.  If you have an external video mixer, TBC, or a black
market box to run it thru it strips the macrovision.  You can also
pull apart you VCR and disable the "auto leveling".  Search the
net you'll find something....don't you receive the 10-20 spam "Burn
your own DVDs" emails a week I get???

THe CD-R problem was around for a while.  THe 1st gen. DVD players that
would also play CD's would not play CD-R.  Some now do.  Some
don't.  Some even specify that they do play CD-Rs (even mp3's too).
Best to check specs or ask.

--

Kerry Uchida
Vancouver,Canada

"Yeah, we're runnin' a little bit hot tonight
  I can barely see the road from the heat comin' off.
  You know what I'm sayin'
  Ahh, you reach down put it between my legs n' ease the seat back
  She's runnin', I'm flyin' Right behind in the rearview mirror now
  Got the fearin', power steerin' Pistons poppin', ain't no stoppin' now" -
David Lee Roth

Now Playing:

DJ Aural---- http://www.mp3.com/DJAural

Coming Soon: