Re: [microsound] microguitargods was: VH

On Fri, 12 Jul 2002 13:57:46 -0700
Glenn Bach <gbach@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> And Jeremy Doyle did his "Songs from the Guitar Solos," ambient drones
> built from, well, guitar solos, with tracks named after the band he
> sampled: Zeppelin, Sabbath, etc.  Beautiful album.
>
> http://www.southern.com/southern/band/BOYLE

OMG!

I don't really want to sound pretentious or anything but I did a piece,
a 3 or 4 minutes study for one of my courses which used sampled guitar
riffs and such from various recordings (Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin and
others that I can't recall).  I just found the tape (analog,
unfortunately) with the pieces from that summer (then I guess I could
put it up on the net when I get hold of a decent tape deck).  I even saw
a paper I wrote accompanying it, somewhere in my mess after a move or
something...  Will find it, too.  There's even a score (although not a
literal representation of what you
hear in the piece but still...). And I suppose it could be called
ambient. It was done in the summer of 96.  So I can proudly say that I
predate Mr Boyle somewhat.

But then I'm sure that there are many others that have done it before me...

cheers.

--
../MiS

Michal Seta		http://creazone.eworldmusic.com/doc/mis
CreaZone		http://www.creazone.com
No One Receiving	http://creazone.eworldmusic.com/doc/nor

upcoming release:
NOR - "The Release of the Wandering-Eyed Girl"
	http://www.grainofsound.com