Re: [microsound] microsound as pop music

I picked up the Fluxus connection from this little biographical sketch at
Salon:

"In New York, high modernism had dissolved into the perpetual performance
art party. With his background in magical cabaret, Stockhausen fit right in,
not so much composing as staging happenings for avant-gardistas like the
Fluxus crew, who were more committed to goofy surrealist antics than to
making music for the ages. One of them was pioneering video artist Nam June
Paik (Stockhausen described him as "going berserk during my theater piece"),
who would drink from his shoe, bathe in red paint and hurl glop at the
audience while Stockhausen accompanied him at the piano."
http://www.salon.com/people/bc/2001/01/16/stockhausen/

Does sound a bit round-about of a connection, now that I look at it again --
thought I saw the same thing elsewhere last night, but I can't find it now.

-=Trace