RE: [microsound] pop vs art music

well, maybe.

imagine the busy sculptor creating religious icons or statuary in
pre-renaissance Europe. crankin out the "virgin mary" series. We put that
stuff in museums and call it Art. How much thought was involved? Some
Cardinal tells him to make statues of the virgin mary. "OK, boss".

Perhaps an oversimplification. What about furniture?  Crafts. We iconize
certain examples as art, and commit them to institutions. Do they tend more
to action or thought?

Many artists don't think at all about what they do... they leave that to the
critics... they just DO... action or thought?

Just babbling... I did not read ALL of the interim posts.

David Fodel
Publishing Systems Manager
Wild Oats Markets
3375 Mitchell Lane