RE: [microsound] microsound as pop music

>Art was meant to comunicate something, wasn't it??  Not communicating is
>failure , not reason to be proud.

Yes, but to "communicate" something, you need someone prepared to receive or
interpret it. Joyce's "Ulysses," for instance, may be communicating
something, but only to those open to it. Ditto L=A=N=G=U=A=G=E poetry, which
to most readers would come across as gibberish.

I would challenge that art has to communicate something at all, in fact. Not
all artworks have such a narrative purpose -- I would doubt that Kim's work,
for instance, sets out to "communicate" in any direct fashion. It may do so
more indirectly, however, by staking a particular aesthetic position within
a broader cultural continuum.

Cheers
Philip