Re: pop vs. art OT

Tad, I also want to thank you for the bibliography...
all these books are definitely going on my books i
wish i had time to read list.

I wish you could explain more Bourdieu's distinction
between "physical" appropriation and "symbolic"
appropriation and why it matters...

your example:
"people of education can converse in great detail
about the signifigance of a particular work by
Picasso. The wealthy can simply buy the work. They
are radically different means of appreciation. Think
about it..."

How does physical appropriation matter without
symbolic appropriation, or is it just that it's folded
to a point of vice/versa?

Jeremy

=====

deltadada