Re: [microsound] BUZZ/SAW : Mokira in Miami

> Also buzz is a great app, sounds wonderful, tons of interesting native
> generators and effects, super creative program, if you have a PC try it
out,
> it runs a tracker and its all keyboard short cut style designed for live
> performance, but its un-stable as hell. I think Jeskola works for fruity
> loops now? There is a good list for music with buzz on yahoo groups.  bla
> bla bla,,, caffine makes me a nut.

Buzz is a really wonderful piece of software, but I don't think Oskari (the
author of Buzz) is working for Fruity Loops.  So far as I understand it, the
Fruity Loops people just hijacked the jeskola.com domain name when Oskari
(or his webmaster) forgot to renew it.  Word is they're holding it hostage
until Oskari "fixes" the machine interface so that all Buzz machines will be
Fruity Loops compatible.  (there was a bit of an uproar when he released a
Buzz machine adapter for FL, which pissed off a bunch of the machine
developers, who started releasing versions of their machines that would
crash when used with the adapter)  It's a regular soap opera.

And since it seems to be de rigeur these days to offer insights into the
distinction between "pop" and "art" in every single message to the list, may
I propose another equation: Buzz=art, Fruity Loops=pop.  All that's needed
now is for someone to bring up the dreaded M vs P debate in the pop/art
context.  It's sort of the secondary Godwin's Law for gauging when a
discussion has become entirely irrelevant, isn't it?

regards...

-nathansnider