Re: [microsound] Is microsound boring?

On Mon, 22 Jul 2002 22:22:56 -0400 James Harkins <jamshark70@xxxxxxxxx>
writes:

> Dale, I never said there was no wisdom there.
Actually, neither did I. Notice that I used the word 'much' in the
following excerpt: "Perhaps what you really mean is that what you
recognize as wisdom, is absent from much avant garde music". My emphasis
was on one's personal view of wisdom rather than whether the avant garde
was devoid of wisdom or not. : )
> Vox 5 from Trevor Wishart's _Vox_ cycle
> Stunning. I heard Vox 5 in
> a concert in Champaign, Ill. almost ten years ago, the full
> quadraphonic version, and was totally blown away.

Yes, I remember being quite impressed at the time I first heard Vox 5 at
an electroacoustic concert at the University Of Washington, sometime in
1993 or 94.
Best, Dale
Dale Lloyd:  http://www.and-oar.org/dalelloyd.html

and/OAR:  http://www.and-oar.org/