Re: [microsound] emotional anxiety

I have understood Kim's position to be aligned with Duchamp's attempts to be anti-retinal. I may be wrong, but it seems that the strongest branch of the anti-retinal tree (which is neither seen nor heard when it falls) has been conceptualism. Art that exists only in the mind, etc.

I don't think the issue for Duchamp was a negation of emotion. It was an affirmation of intellect. I think there is emotion in the large glass. Even the earlier mechanical drawings have wonderful retinal a/effects.

Anyway, I'm not an art historian so take it for what it's worth....

-km