Re: [microsound] microsonic film+video

<<< wrote to microsound:

a> seen the collaborations, which were fantastic. can you point me in
a> a direction of reble's early works? and if you are into reble, then
a> definitely try to check out phil solomon's films. they may be hard
a> to come by, but well worth the search...

His earlier work was in the context of a performance group,
Schmelzdahin ... much of it was in-the-moment stuff, since the films
were destroyed in the course of the performance, but there are four or
five films that were made by optically printing the film in various
stages of its decomposition. I think Schmelzdahin's _Stadt in Flammen_
(1984) and Reble's first solo film _Rumpelstilzchen_ (1989, included
in the VHS edition of _Passion_) are the best of the early work;
distribution of the films is through Light Cone in Paris, don't know
if there is an american distributor.

Reble's website is http://www.filmalchemist.de/

--
Jim Flannery                                       newgrange@xxxxxxx

      I find myself always torn between two beliefs: the belief
      that life should be better than it is and the belief that
      when it appears better it is really worse.
                                               -- Graham Greene

np: V/A, _The Pact ... of the Gods_
nr: Hatton/Walker, _Supercollector: A Critique of Charles Saatchi_