Re: [microsound] entropy etc.

>some near-random (really!) recommendations...
>
>the new tomas jirku CD (_entropy_, intr_version) is to say the least very
>good.  the dub influence is really present, & very well integrated in
>tomas' sound palette...  the whole thing is pleasant to listen to from
>beginning to the end...  anyone into both heavy microsound-type processing
>& deep, laidback dub (basically, anyone who enjoyed the best moments of kit
>clayton & vladislav delay...) will definitely enjoy this.  & there's some
>surprising noisy peaks here & there, to spice things up.  you can see that
>there's been an awful lot of work put in this.  actually, i'd be tempted to
>say it's tomas' best CD so far.  it outdoes even _variants_ in terms of
>variety & 'pushing the envelope'.  one last word on the rhythmic
>architecture: sometimes subtle, but it's always as inventive & twisted as
>you can expect from tomas...  a great disc; check it out.

i second the recommendation of david on the new jirku cd.
other stuff of great interest is:

MOTION: Dust (12k)
MITCHELL AKIYAMA: Temporary Music (raster-noton)
TOSHIYA TSUNODA: Pieces of Air (Lucky Kitchen)
STEINBRUCHEL: Zwischen.raum (CD 3" Domizil)

and for the raymond scott fanatics, like me:

THE RAYMOND SCOTT ORCHESTRETTE: Pushbutton Parfait (Evolver)

not microsound, of course, but absolutely brilliant, a must-have.
cheers :: nicola

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + +

{ { d i s c o g r a p h y } }

z_e_l_l_e | nth | line (aug 2001)
"zen enlightenment lifts life energy" on tu M'p3 (http://www.tu-m.com) jan 2002

UPCOMING
z_e_l_l_e | rjctd::nw | TBA (TBA)
"shayozoku" on tu M'p3 (http://www.tu-m.com) sept 2002
"kitanai" on star6_789' v.2 (http://www.star6789.tk/) june 2003

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

REVIEWS http://www.12k.com/line/linepress.htm
BIO/DISCOGRAPHY http://www.12k.com/line/zelle.htm

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

"fonorama"
bi-weekly radio programme on rai-radio3 (third channel of italian national
broadcasting company) http://www.radio.rai.it/radio3

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

columnist on:
"blow up" (monthly) http://www.blowupmagazine.com