telephone-based microsound

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002 12:11:20 -0700 (PDT), Peter Lasell wrote:
> Went to Dorkbot last night and was treated to an
> interesting demo of Blue, a graphical front end for
> Csound built by Steven Yi (http://www.kunstmusik.com/)

This software seemed roughly analogous to a wysiwyg HTML generator, but for Csound files.  Still in development, but definitely promising and totally cross-platform (just written in Java).

Another very interesting thing I found out at the Dorkbot meeting: Jason Freeman, a composer at Columbia, has made a nice sound toy with which you interact by calling a toll-free number.  Details at
http://www.nytimes.com/2001/06/25/arts/25ARTS.html

Here are the directions, for those who don't want to read the article:
"Call (800) 555-TELL at any time and when you hear the words 'main menu,' punch in the code 133156. You will be prompted to speak for up to 20 seconds and, after a short pause, your words, words, words will be returned fully processed."

 Kala Pierson
 k@xxxxxxxxxx
 212 545 5309