Re:[microsound] Re: Ableton Live

I used Live v1 a little bit on a project last winther. A fun way to come up
with loop based material fast. I like the sound of the timestretch/pitch
which is nowhere near "natural" sounding. Lots of that and volume cranked up
beyond reason and you're well on your way to a good time.

What annoyed me was that you couldn't disable timestretch. Live would always
fit the length of any imported sound file to the loop length (or some
multiple of it). To be sure, that's what Live is all about, that's what's
cool about it, but for one-shots it would be nice to be able to just play a
sample as it is. (Actually, what I was searching for at the time was more
something like a play out system for radio broadcast - kind of like Live
without the whole loop/tempo thing).

I haven't checked Live since v1, tho.