From: Wakefield Graham
Sent: 19 September 2002 11:56
To: 'mulch-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'; microsound@xxxxxxxxxxxxx;
IDM-Making@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [mulch] PC modular

Apologoies for cross-posting!

Just had a mail from the maker of CPS, letting me know a new version is now
available, with a lot of new features, looks very interesting indeed:

  * Introduced several Steinberg VST technologies:
    CPS can host VST-instruments and VST-plugins. The default VST plugin
folder is scanned and these plugins are listed in the object menu. CPS runs
as a VST-instrument/plugin CPS-plugins (created with the CPS plugin SDK) run
inside any VST-host

  * Introduced ASIO driver support. Use multiple I/O hardware cards inside
CPS with low latency.

  * Introduced the
    CPS2Browser add-on. Run CPS inside any browser!

  * Introduced basic visual output with pictures and movies with Apple
Quicktime

  * Introduced 'Cornered Wires', finally you can make corners in wires

  * Introduced 'tline', an advanced envelope generator/oscillator with
levelscaling, ratescaling, segment looping and afterlevel. Also added
several easy-to-use macro's to use the 'tline'.

  * Introduced 'midiFromDisk', which was missing aside to the existing
midiToDisk.

  * Introduced 'tabledit' to change table arguments in realtime

  * Introduced naming of interface objects for standAlone usage. The
standAlone names are no longer generated, but you can choose them yourself.
This means that you do not have to change anything in your own code after
migrating to new generated CPS sourcecode.

  * Introduced 'firtFast', an object which does FIR filtering based on a
table (just as MPEG-4's Structured Audio firt) but then based on fast
convolution.