Re: [microsound] are all microsound/contemporary music/etc fanscomposers??

> I also agree with not wanting to categorize who is a "real" artist
or
> not...I especially disagree with the comment made about so-called
> "real" artists being the people who don't need a "real" job in order
> to live. Only a precious few artists ever make enough money from
> their art to support themselves. Anyone who claims having a job
> negates the ability to make "real" art is an elitist, IMHO.

Hey, of course I agree with you!
I was ironic when I said that sentence. Real artists makes something
so beautiful that has nothing to do with jobs and money.

Maybe next time I'll adopt this HTML scheme:
<IRONIC> bla bla bla bla</IRONIC>

:)

And I can also agree with you about the fact that playing in front of
an "audience of musicians" can make you feel more "understood"... but
the more satisfactions I have when after hearing my music somebody
comes to me saying that he was "touched inside"...  the most beautiful
things I had time ago was when a girl (that doesn't make any music)
told me that she cryed with one of my song. This is a good reason to
go on and on, even if I have to do 2 "real jobs" and have so many
bills etc. that I don't even have a cent to buy an empty CD-r. Music
(Art) is still there!

e.g.

ps: instead, talking about "respect of the performance": that is a
question of politeness and cleverness... and yes during shows (even
also during BIG shows) there is always the stupid guy that says
something like "oh what is this f**king noise? is this music? Maybe
something is broken on the stage? ah ah ah ah ah " (then the guy go
away laughing with friends, towards the other room in which trance
music is playing). [This really happened while Fennesz was playing in
Rome]

e.g.ø :: http://eeegggooo.cjb.net