Re: [microsound] just a tiny question

I think a more productive question would be what the "microsound scene" thinks of cage.

lance

www.praemedia.com

 bvasic wrote:

> I couldn't really really find this information, so I figure this forum is
> just as good a place to ask as any...
> what exactly was John Cage's position on the ownership of music? I mean
> "ownership" creatively, though I did read about that legal battle over 4
min
> 33 sec. So many people nowadays seem against ownership, but what was his
> position really on the whole thing?

I assume you know that he is dead:) I like to think that if he were alive
today that none legal battles would have happened. The piece in question by
the british composer who's name currently escapes my memory(Anyone?) was
more of an homage to Cage, tongue in cheek if you will. Also i wonder what
would he think of the current microsound scene.

aLEKs