feild music / not field recordings

Has anyone on this list ever considered thinking about sound as a field in the ways artists such as pollack or newman considered themselves field painters?

The idea that no central points exist, and the painting is something that continues off the canvas. There is alot more to this than stated, but you get the base general idea.

After doing alot with field recordings, I have found myself disgrading that material in favor of field music. I think maybe Taylor Duprees new work might be along such lines, but have yet to hear it.

Just thinking in text.

-scott

Unlimited Internet access for only $21.95/month.  Try MSN! http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/plans/2monthsfree.asp