Re: [microsound] feild music / not field recordings

i can relate to this it seems that anytime i would try and create something
from a synthetic source other than drone work, i was never satisfied with
the outcome. when you use field recordings you have no say in how the sound
moves and changes.

j.frede

I have also found this to be quite nice.

Chance operation can have interesting results. I once did a video based on chance. Around the area of Richmond VA, artist Erin kinght and myself used chance to determine where in the city or country we would go, what angle the camera has at, how high on the tripod it was positioned, what time of day to shoot, and for how long to shot. No editing was done outside the camera.

Depending on the number of decesions one has to make, if one applies chance to each of the those desisons, you build more chance into something and remove yourself more and more. Cage would create rather elaborte sets of operations to remove himself as much as possible.

Did you know Cage was the first Westerner to go into Communist Soviet Union, because he was considered the worlds leading expert on mushrooms and the Soviets where reeally into mushrooms and had huge conventions about mushrooms. There is a funny film about going mushroom hunting with john cage.

Forget Silence, lets talk mushrooms.

-Scott

Choose an Internet access plan right for you -- try MSN! http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/plans/default.asp