channel mixing

Hi, all

Technical question: I'm running two cables from a stereo source into
separate channels on a mixer, so that I have separate faders for left
channel and right channel. Question is: should I hard-pan each channel, so
that the left channel is panned all the way to the left, the right channel
hard to the right? Or should I keep the pan centered on each channel? I'm
playing pre-recorded material off my laptop, Traktor dj-ing, and I'm
wondering which mixer setting will most accurately portray the file's
original stereo field?

Thanks,
-=Trace