Re: [microsound] channel mixing

le 11/3/02 1:29 PM, The pHarmanaut =E0 pharmanaut@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx a =E9crit=A0:

> Hi, all
>=20
> Technical question: I'm running two cables from a stereo source into
> separate channels on a mixer, so that I have separate faders for left
> channel and right channel. Question is: should I hard-pan each channel, s=
> that the left channel is panned all the way to the left, the right channe=
> hard to the right? Or should I keep the pan centered on each channel? I'm
> playing pre-recorded material off my laptop, Traktor dj-ing, and I'm
> wondering which mixer setting will most accurately portray the file's
> original stereo field?
>=20
If it's a stereo file normally you should hard pan your inputs on the mixer
(in-1=3DPanL/in-2=3DpanR).  You should hear a huge difference when both inputs
are centered, then gently sweep your pan to max and you'll discover the
magic of stereo.  If you don't hear any change, then it's because your
software output master is not stereo panned.

Best

Louis=20