Re: [microsound] who is nn?

thanks for the interesting responses everyone....

just to focus the issue a little bit: from what i can gleam nn seems to
think the c74's licensing of MAX from IRCAM is somehow going on improperly
and that an american company is profiting from a product paid for by
public funds in france - but somehow in a way that's just not kosher.

now my first impression is to think this must be totally offbase,
considering that products like pd and jmax are out there and free and
that c74 provides a whole host of services that make it worth to buy
max/msp instead of using the free alternatives- but is
there information i'm missing? anyone understand the issies involved here?
for example, on the nato issue - since max is not owned my c74, is there
any reason that nn should expect to be able to get code from c74 to make
nato into a stand alone app, or is she just being immature?

it's a pretty interesting issue - intellectual proptery and international
law and corporate structure and all - this could be the springboard for
other discussions.

brett.