Re: [microsound] MICROSOUND vs. cats&dogs

> When i compose I always watch how my cat and my dog react.
> Really.
>
> One thing I noticed.  The dog does not react to dog barking that's been
recorded.  Not even his own (well, a little).  Must be something in the
frequency (maybe dynamic?) spectrum that doesn't let him be fooled.

> Anyone else noticed that?
>
> The cat loves low freq drones.
> .. and richard devine.

I have noticed that my dog will bark or freak out when it hears samples of
other dogs, but ignores samples of itself barking. ?!?  Strnge eh?

I have sampled my dog extensively and gotten some strange sounds from yawns,
to mouth smacks, to drinking water, or knawing on a bone.   Its nice to know
that im not the only one trying to coax noises out of my pooch.  Sometime
when i press on its belly i can coax the strangest  un dog like noises from
her.=P

aLEKs