Re: [microsound] onkyo and a general introduction

about rerecording things until they degrade:

dick richards, the pirate of minimal, informed me that
he had put together a tape release or something where
he had recorded an redubbed an elvis song so many
times it was a faint muffle.  i guess he sold it to
people, and he seemed to find it a pretty funny
concept while describing it.

i don't know if this counts, but i get a lot of
glitches from my old pentium 166 crashing.  once it
had a virus that somehow garbled all of my sound
files, so i kept them and used them.  i don't have any
songs that i would say are based off that (i don't do
that kind of conceptual work), but i've been using
datafiles, computer crashing sounds, etc., since i was
15 and using impulse tracker, so the sounds are in
pretty much everything i do, and they often make nice
melody-ish things.

=====
jake hardy (aka) holzkopf
www.holzkopf.i8.com