Re: [microsound] it ain't me babe...

on 11/12/02 8:18 PM, Michal Seta at mis@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>>> http://www.demon.co.uk/momus/thegongs.html
>>
>> What makes you think they're playing in 7tet?
>
> they're not, actually

well, ok, you sticklers, their songs aren't in exclusive 7tet.  but, the guy
who built the instruments was my housemate last year.  so i happen to know
that the string instruments are designed to play in 7tet.  that's how he
built them, that's how he described them to me in our living room.

the point is, there is a really cool electronic folk/country band that uses
homemade instruments (electronic and semi-acoustic), and they have an
interesting approach to making music.  they are not hung up on details about
their role as performers.  they just play and sing.  no one complains that
sometimes they're tweaking and patching analog synths.

-jim